Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Reminiscing

With my day off yesterday, I was able to think about how much I have grown these past few years. Much of my growth is thanks to my folklore group, Croatian Vines. I was lucky enough to join this group in elementary school, and continue it throughout high school. Being part of this group, I was able to learn dances from various regions of Croatia, as well as how to play a musical instrument from Croatia. These memories have always been with me, and I have truly learned how special they are. They have shaped me into who I am today, and realizing all this yesterday made me appreciate my culture so much more. 

2 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful that you are sustaining your heritage through dance and music. Is my imagination correct, that your costumes are very colorful? You should post a picture! I'd love to see things from places I've never been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the musical instrument is like. And I'm curious about where you live and how on earth you found a Croatian folklore group. I'm also really impressed that you've stuck with it for so long - what a wonderful thread of continuity in your life.

    ReplyDelete