Monday, March 18, 2019

Ready

"I need new pajamas for after the surgery"
"Oh, new slippers as well"
"I need to get some stuff for the house, since I won't be able to for a while"

These are the things my baba (grandma) is worried about, all before her kidney transplant on Thursday. So to help her ease the worry, I decided to spend the day with her on Friday, getting things in order. We went to her second favorite store, Macy's. Carson Pirie Scott has always been her favorite, even after they closed down. We found her new pajamas, slippers, a robe, and comfortable clothes. Afterwards, I helped clean up her house and we enjoyed a lunch together. 

It may not seem like much, but spending time together like this makes the world of difference, not only for her but for myself as well. 

2 comments:

  1. These small tangible objects - slippers, pajamas - will be such comfort to her as, no doubt, will the time you've spent with her. May the surgery go well and may you both feel supported.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tenderness communicated in this slice. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete