Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Open Road

I have always loved long car rides. They have never been a hassle, with my longest drive being 12 hours. Last week I was able to take a quick 2 hour drive to Madison, WI and visit my grandmother. This had to have been my favorite car ride I have taken. 
I am happy to say she has had a successful kidney transplant. She is also recovering remarkably well. She was up and moving that same night, her color has returned, and she is rightfully scolding her children and grandchildren. 

My grandmother has endured a lot in her lifetime, more then most people I have known.
But I think that has made her into that strong women she is today. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. I've been thinking about her and hoping for good news. I imagine that the good news would have buoyed you up during your drive.

    ReplyDelete